Success happens for individuals with Autism with help from Bridges.
Bridges’ highly trained clinicians are firm believers in finding success through our comprehensive care model. We believe in a holistic approach to serving our clients and their families, through our menu of multi-disciplinary services.
- We provide Autism Diagnostic Evaluations to remove the barrier to care that the lack of such a medical diagnosis can create.
- We make sure families and clients understand all aspects of care, from the selection of the most beneficial services and insurance coverage options to treatment goals and strategies.
- We help clients and their families learn functional skills in the environments where they will use them. Clients learn social, communication, cognitive and behavioral skills in their homes, our ABA Center, therapists’ offices, schools, and communities.
- We support the individual on the spectrum with ABA, Behavior Therapy and/or Speech Therapy.
- We support the parents and caregivers through Parent Training and Family Guidance.
- We support the entire family with our Individual and Family Counseling.
- With a 20+ year local history, Bridges has cultivated a deep and extensive network of relationships with New Mexico educational institutions, insurance companies, healthcare organizations and community partners. These connections allow us to build needed bridges for our clients and their families to a community of support.
Apply for Services
Comprehensive Services for Individuals and their Families
Bridges offers a variety of services including:
Autism Diagnostic Evaluations
Often times, children are not able to receive Autism Services until they have received a medical diagnosis of Autism. Bridges is able to expedite the process of obtaining services by providing these evaluations. Our clinician uses medically accepted, standardized assessment instruments to determine if the child meets the criteria for Autism and thoroughly reviews the findings with the parents and helps to determine the next steps for treatment, if needed.
Applied Behavioral Analysis
The Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) program at Bridges is founded on the evidence-based principles of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA). ABA services consist of interventions that are individualized to each child and teach a range of adaptive skills in the areas of communication, socialization, positive behavior and independence in daily living skills.
We are proud to announce the opening of our new ABA Center. Sunlit and spacious, our beautiful new Center offers ABA to young children with Autism. Children in our center benefit from individual instruction and group learning with their peers. The children who attend our center love our new outdoor play area where they can run, play and enjoy our beautiful NM weather. Bridges provides in person clinical supervision from our BCBAs. We also provide Speech Therapy to those children who need it. We’d love to show you our ABA Center
Click here to tour our center or give us a call at 505-856-6880 to schedule your in person tour.
Our home, school and community-based ABA services are offered up to 6 days a week, based on the child’s needs. Our team of clinicians are skilled at providing effective therapy in a variety of settings and provide ABA in the setting that will be most helpful to your child. The child’s ABA services are supervised by in person BCBAs.
As the child makes gains and the child’s skill level increases, the ABA services are systematically decreased, until a child is able to successfully exit the ABA services. Many ABA “graduates” benefit from our less intensive Behavior Therapy services, which provides a meaningful way to continue growth and learn new skills.
Behavior Therapy offers support to address both challenging behaviors and/or mental health concerns. Challenging behaviors are often socially inappropriate, non-functional and limit the individual‘s ability to be included and participate in his home, school/work and community. Our clinicians have the expertise to decrease such behaviors as verbal and physical aggression, tantrums, self-injurious behaviors (SIB), self-stimulatory behaviors, etc. by teaching individuals appropriate, functional behaviors to replace the undesired behaviors.
Bridges’ clinicians also have the experience to effectively address various mental health concerns that commonly co-exist with Autism. Anxiety, depression, lack of self-advocacy are common conditions we address.
Behavior Therapy services are provided by Master‘s level counselors, therapists and social workers through private insurance, Medicaid and private pay.
Individual and Family Counseling
Often times, having a family member with a disability provides unique challenges for parents and siblings. Many parents struggle with feelings of frustration, loneliness, and sadness and they question how to best parent and provide for this child with special needs. Many siblings experience a range of emotions about having a brother or sister with a disability-feelings of anger, embarrassment, guilt, and fear can be common.
There is help! Bridges offers counseling services, designed specifically for the parents and siblings. Services are provided in the privacy of your home or in a clinic setting and are covered by private insurance, Medicaid and private pay.
We would love to hear from you.
Contact us and we will get back to you shortly.